EREN seeks to facilitate the engagement of influential regional equality networks in a regular dialogue with Government and civil society in order to influence and shape policy; collect, examine and share good practice; exchange information and intelligence; and help with delivery across the country.
EREN’s Strategic Goals for 2011-2012
1. Bringing local and regional equality and human rights practice and experiences together to inform, lobby and influence the national agenda.
2. Demonstrating the value and importance of good evidence on equality and human rights.
3. Developing a common understanding of equality and human rights in the new political environment and communicating this.
4. Strengthening local equality and human rights voices through the exchange of information and ideas.
5. Developing sustainable income to carry out EREN’s vision.
For more information please read in full EREN’s Strategic Goals 2011-2012 .
EREN and the BIHR Human Rights in the Community Project
EREN is currently supporting BIHR with the delivery of the Human Rights in the Community Project. In 2010, the first year of the project, EREN members in the North East, North West, South East and London supported BIHR to run three successful learning events. Last year EREN members across the country supported the BIHR roadshows that will took place in the autumn and winter of 2011. EREN will also provide the framework for sharing the pilot projects’ success stories across the country, maximising the impact of the work.
Read about the first year of the project in this e-update: Human Rights in the Community Year 1
Please visit the BIHR Community Project website for more details.
This project is kindly being funded by the Equality and Human Rights Commission